Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Welcome to Slammers and Pogs

I am Kyle Jahns.  Born on June 12th of 1990.  Ever since I was put on this Earth I have known no time period better than the 90's.  After all, this was where I spent the first 10 years of my life.  I made friends in that era.  I learned to walk, talk, speak and even poop in the toilet in that era.  It was in the 90's where I (like some others reading this blog I presume) developed their voice, their innocence, their pride and so many other things that have been essential to who we are today.  I feel that it's important (for myself anyway) to keep these thoughts and reminders of my childhood alive.

On this blog I am going to discuss many different aspects that I can remember from my childhood, as well as many others.  Music, movies, TV, toys and many other aspects of pop culture will be discussed too!

I hope that this blog will allow you to look back and think about the 90's.  I hope you will be reminded of some things that might have slipped your mind over the past years and bring you back to some moment of time that was distinct and awesome.  It doesn't matter if it was the first time you slammed a pile of pogs, or even if you were one of the lucky people to receive (or even purchase) a Tickle-Me-Elmo doll from/for a loved one.  If it's awesome in your mind, it's awesome in mine.

Until next time! (That's when we're going to get to the good stuff!)

1 comment:

  1. We need to have a show and tell day, for sure. POGS, Creepy Crawlers, Furby. Oh Em Gee.

    ReplyDelete