Friday, January 20, 2012

Weddings: A blast to the past

My good friend is getting married this weekend.  For the first time in my life, I will be involved in a wedding party.  It's been a great experience so far and can't wait for the day to come.  I decided to dedicate this post to weddings from the 1990's.


Did you know Stephen Hawking was married?  Did you know he was married in 1995?  Bet you didn't.
Barbie and Ken were finally married in 1993.
The happy couple celebrating...before the groom breaks his leg.
Some stylish bridesmaid dresses from 1996.  Are straps still in?

As you might be able to tell, weddings look a little different from before.  That likely goes without saying, since fashions and styles do change faster than a blink of an eye.

So this Saturday I will go out and get my picture taken in a tuxedo.  I'll be sure to save some picture.  20 years from now, I'll bring the picture out, look at it and wonder "What the hell was I wearing?"

No comments:

Post a Comment